Total Pageviews

Monday, April 19, 2010

SPONTANEOUS POETRY AND MUSIC





SPONTANEOUS POETRY AND MUSIC
APRIL 15, 2010-04-19
BACON ACADEMY
COLCHESTER, CT

Seven voices –
Jason’s trap draped in the colors patiently…
Jimmy’s guitar poised to tick, buzz, cry…
Abu’s “cone-gah,” spring rain encouraging new growth…
Jonathan’s words chiseled from granite and made to shine…
Josh’s words carved from oak and polished…
My words…my words…
And Summer’s words born from “His-story” and “Her-story”…

Abu evoking the Creator and instructing the youths gently. They listened. I saw them listening.

Me? The “Elder?” How? And do I give my permission? My permission??

I didn’t do it then, but I do it now. I kneel before Abu Alvin Carter – and everyone who was in the room that night – I kneel, grant permission...ask permission.

And the words? They’re in my bloodstream now. They won’t leave. Ever.

Thank you.

___

April 19. 2010
5:33 a.m.

1 comment:

JAHsh Concurz said...

Magnificent... magnifying the moment and the Most High!