Total Pageviews

Friday, February 25, 2011

Blogging??


I am not at all sure what "blogging" is all about. I post comments, poems, links in the apparant black hole of the internet.

Then I "publish" that stuff to my universe of "followers," which numbers, like, four. How powerful.

Then the "followers" may or may not look at my blog, and rarely -- no -- less than rarely, make a comment.

Questions.

1. What is the purpose of a blog?
2. Does anyone read them?
3. How do people know it exists?
4. Where do the "followers" come from?

Now, if I really thought that I might reach lots and lots of good people to read my poetry, comment, add...I would "blog-away!" But it seems to me to be too much effort for little to no feedback.

Comments?? Please?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Blogs are like online diaries in my opinion. It's just another area for people to...talk. Followers come from the the network of other blogs/whatever.
I'm not a follower since I don't have my own account but I can see when you post it to facebook and I'll read it. I read "Joe's" blog regularly. This is KP.

Good luck.

Mother Lightning said...

I think if Mark Twain were alive he too would be a blogger. Yes the blogger-sphere can seem like a black hole. Billions & billions... semingly endless space, time...
Love your poetry. There's an application u* can somehow apply, that will count your blog hits, & then u* will know from where in the world your visitors come from. My son Zac added that for me. It creates an awesome view of connecting w/ the world.

josephanastasio said...

Johnnie- It takes a while to build a readership, but it's like that old shampoo commercial- "they tell two people, and so on, and so on, and so on." Find other poetry blogs, leave a comment with a link to your blog, it catches fire...and soon, you have more followers, more people turned to your work.

I us the blog to vent, update, network for potential readers of the book should it ever see the light of day.

It's a great way to make fun of my poodles, too.

Joey from Brooklyn